Sean Klepper M.D.
Artur Zembowicz M.D....
- Slightly raised, bluish, dome-shaped papule, usually less than 1 cm
- Most commonly present on the dorsa of the hands and feet, face and scalp
- Childhood predominance
- Benign,. with rare transformation to melanoma
- Bundles of bipolar, spindle-shaped dendritic melanocytes infiltrating between dermal collagen budles, most often in the upper dermis
- The melanocytes have long dendritic processes and ovoid nuclei with evenly distributed chromatin
- Most of the cells contain dense accumualations of fine melanin granules
- Melanophages are frequently present, and may be numerous.
- The dermis shows fibrosis.