Sean Klepper M.D.
Stephen Lyle, M.D., ...
- Intensely pruritic vesicular disease, presenting as a symmetrically distributed eruption on the extensor surfaces of extremities of young adults
- Associated with gluten-sensitive enteropathy
- Small subepidermal blisters
- Neutrophilic microabscess within the dermal papillae
- Superficial perivascular lymphocytic infiltrate
- Immunofluorescence shows granular deposits of IgA and C3 along the dermal-epidermal junction, localizing to the tips of the dermal papillae.