Sean Klepper M.D.
Artur Zembowicz M.D....
- Benign tumor occurring almost exclusively in the genital area of women. Rare examples have been reported in other locations and in men.
- Well-circumscribed dermal nodule
- Composed of complex branching papillae and tubules
- The epithelial lining of the papillae and tubules consists of two cell layers: an outer myoepithelial layer and an inner columnar layer which shows decapitation secretion.
- Nuclear pleomorphism and mitotic activity may sometimes be present, but the circumscribed nature of the lesion should lead to its recognition as a benign neoplasm.