Sean Klepper M.D.
Artur Zembowicz M.D....
Also known as: papular amyloidosis
- Hyperkeratotic papules on shins and other extensor surfaces on areas that are chronically rubbed
- Most common in young adults, with a predilection for persons of Chinese ancestry
- Globules of amyloid in the papillary dermis, usually more marked than in macular amyloidosis
- Papillary epidermal hyperplasia, often with hyperkeratosis and hypergranulosis
- Vascular proliferation is associated with the amyloid, with an upper dermal perivasular mononuclear infiltrate.
- There is often basal cell hydropic degeneration.
- Colloid bodies are often present.
- Melanin incontinence may be present.