Sean Klepper M.D.
Stephen Lyle, M.D., ...
- Indurated white plaques, most commonly on the vulva and perianal skin of women
- Slightly increased risk of squamous cell carcinoma
- Epidermal atrophy, often with hyperkeratosis
- Homogenized, hyalinized, pale eosinophilic superficial dermis with vascular ectasia
- Early superficial perivascular lymphocytic infiltrate progressing to a lichenoid lymphocytic infiltrate beneath the homogenized zone of upper dermis in older lesions
- Interface change, rarely with subepidermal blister formation
- Follicular plugging