Sean Klepper M.D.
Artur Zembowicz M.D....
- A scaly plaque resulting from chronic trauma from rubbing or scratching the skin
- Prurigo nodularis is the term used for the same process when referring to a localized nodule rather than a plaque.
- Prominent irregular acanthosis (the rete ridges are of varying length)
- Hyperkeratosis, sometimes with focal parakeratosis, and hypergranulosis
- Vertically oriented collagen fibers in the dermal papillae, often with increased fibroblasts
- Superficial perivascular lymphocytic infiltrate