Sean Klepper M.D.
Artur Zembowicz M.D....
- A group of IgA-mediated autoimmune blistering diseases with childhood or adult onset depending on the specific disease entity
- Characteristic annular plaques with tense bullae around the edges
- In some cases it is preceded by a viral infection or streptococcal throat infection.
- Subepidermal blisters containing neutrophils and smaller numbers of eosinophils and lymphocytes
- Linear distribution of neutrophils along the dermal-epidermal junction
- Papillary dermal edema
- Immunofluorescence shows linear IgA and C3 along the dermal-epidermal junction.