Sean Klepper M.D.
Stephen Lyle, M.D., ...
Also known as: cheilitis granulomatosa, Miescher-Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome, granulomatous cheilitis
- Presents with lip swelling, sometimes with more extensive facial involvement, particularly affecting the eyelids
- The penis and vulva can be affected by similar lesions.
- Miescher-Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome displays the triad of lep swelling, unilateral facial paralysis and a furrowed tongue.
- Non-necrotizing, poorly formed "naked" granulomas within the dermis
- Marked dermal edema
- Dilated dermal lymphatics
- Perivascular dermal lymphoplasmacytic infiltrate