Sean Klepper M.D.
Stephen Lyle, M.D., ...
- Generalized, chronic, small erythematous papules that evolve to form a pinpoint dusky center
- Lesions persist for several weeks, then heal without scarring.
- May evolve from PLEVA or arise de novo.
- Parakeratotic scale, rare necrotic keratinocytes, mild basal vacuolization (changes less pronounced than in PLEVA)
- Upper dermal perivascular lymphocytic infiltrate with exocytosis of lymphocytes into the epidermis
- Upper dermal and epidermal hemorrhage