NYU Langone Medical Center
Located in the heart of New York City, NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's premier centers of excellence in health care, biomedical research, and medical education.
Our Vision: A World-Class Patient-Centered Integrated Academic Medical Center
Our Core Values
- To serve
- To teach
- To discover
We are committed to making world-class contributions that place service to human health at the center of an academic culture devoted to excellence in research, patient care, and education.
We are seeking for a Clinical Laboratory Manager to join our laboratory in Dermatopathology
- Oversee the day to day management of the Dermatopathology Laboratory including but not limited to operational management, quality assurance, staffing, workflow, timekeeping, technician training, equipment maintenance, vendor agreement, etc.
- Utilize knowledge of special stains, the Dako Autostainer and immunoperoxidase techniques and enzyme histochemistry to appropriately train technicians to process all specimens.
- Partner with the Section Director, Administrator and Department Administrator to consult on areas of improvement, compliance, financial performance, marketing initiatives, strategic planning, etc.
Candidates must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science
- Five years supervisory level experience in Anatomic Pathology (Immunohistochemistry and histology labs)
- ASCP certification in Histology
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license issued by NYS Department of Education
- Knowledge of Dermatopathology
- Knowledge of pathology equipment and procedures used in all aspects of laboratory including histology, special stains and immunohistochemistry
- Ability of manage a heavy workload, demands on time and resources and prioritize effectively
Qualified candidates can send their resume to Grace Cecilio via email: email@example.com or fax: 212.404.3888, ATTN: GC-MGR. You may also fill out an application online:www.apply.nyumc.org, reference requisition #: 1006488