Small Pharmaceutical Company
This is a specialty pharmaceutical company with multiple products on the market. They are an emerging leader in the development and commercialization of novel, patent protected products for the treatment of skin disorders and other conditions. Their commitment to excellence is the cornerstone of their business. They are dedicated to providing new, optimized, innovative, practical and cost-effective pharmaceutical products to the health care marketing in an effort to improve the quality of life for patients. Their scientists pride themselves on thoroughly understanding the specific clinical needs of dermatological conditions as well as the limitations of currently available treatments. Product development efforts are tailed to optimize the treatment of these conditions, resulting in revolutionary products that further advance patient care.
This company boasts of a culture that is very energetic, VC backed, can do attitude, collaborative, and not risk-adverse. In an organization of this size, you have high visibility and access to senior leadership.
If you want to work for a company where you can roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and wear many different hats, this might be the opportunity for you.
As the company continues to grow, so do their marketing needs. I am currently seeking a Product Manager (with dermatology experience) to join this growing team. You will work out of the NY office, with the potential opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week as well.
TITLE: Product Manager - Dermatology
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Marketing
SALARY: PM - Base up to $100,000 - $115,000, plus bonus
RELO: Relocation offered based on individual need
- Develop product strategy, positioning, and messages to establish a unique offering to meet customers' needs in treating dermatologic diseases
- Develop the annual marketing plan, which will include advertising, promotion and clinical support studies in accordance with the annual marketing budget
- Prepare product forecasts to serve as input to manufacturing production forecasts and financial forecasts. Monitor performance vs. forecast and update forecasts to ensure adequate product supply and accurate financial information
- Provide the sales force with the necessary promotional material and relevant clinical papers to enable the sales reps to sell the product
- Review market data to ensure that the sales force is kept up to date on new developments regarding competitors' products and execute timely and appropriate reaction to competitors' actions
- Provide content and present product plans at POA Meetings to ensure sales force understands product strategy, positioning, and messages, and is prepared to implement the plan for personal promotion
- Liaise with the field force to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure that promotional tactics are driving product awareness, trial, and usage.
- Determine market research needs and work with market research analyst to outline market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the product and new product introductions. Review transcripts and reports and take action based on the information.
- Liaise with the advertising agency regarding the product campaign including journal advertising, direct mail and conferences.
- Act as point of reference for product related topics and work collaboratively with colleagues in other functional areas, such as R&D, to address any issues that may arise
- Track A&P expenditures relative to the budget
- Bachelor's Required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 1 1/2 years product management in US pharmaceutical market
- Dermatology experience required
- Results-oriented; driven to meet or exceed financial expectations for the product
- Budget management experience
- Cross-functional teams
- Roll up your sleeves mentality
- Ability to work effectively with lean resources
- Relationship builder with both external customers (dermatologists, dermatology mid-levels, etc.) and internal customers (sales force and other functional areas)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills; able to synthesize information from disparate sources to under market and product performance dynamics as well as customer attitudes
- Honest, trustworthy, ethical
Sound like the exciting opportunity you have been looking for? If so AND you meet the minimum stated requirements, please forward your resume IN WORD FORMAT ASAP to:
. Due to number of responses, only those candidates that most closely match my client's requirements will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!