PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA (USA). Theranos is looking for a Laboratory Director to lead a world-class lab focused on cutting-edge technology development. The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of two years of experience as a Laboratory Director. Experience in establishing new laboratory facilities and processes is highly desirable. He or she will be responsible for the development and execution of all CLIA certified lab work, ensuring that the laboratory meets state and federal guidelines and achieves excellence in quality at every level.
• Oversee operation and administration of the Theranos Laboratory.
• Interface with Theranos leadership teams to ensure that laboratory work is coordinated and integrated into company’s strategic goals.
• Recruit and lead laboratory personnel, ensuring that all employees are adequately qualified, trained, and motivated.
• Oversee development, maintenance, and improvement of quality systems.
• Contribute to test development.
• Ensure that testing systems in the laboratory provide excellence in service in all aspects of test performance.
• Work closely with Technical Supervisor to review quality control and quality assessment activities to identify and correct any problems in a timely manner.
• Maintain and improve standard operating procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with all state and Federal regulations.
• Meet Laboratory Director qualifications specified in the CLIA regulations and required by the State of California.
• Highly Desirable: PhD or MD with a minimum of two years of clinical laboratory experience. Board certified clinical pathologist preferred. Hold, or be eligible to obtain, a Certificate of Qualification for the State of New York.
• Detailed knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to clinical laboratory operations and experience hosting clinical laboratory inspections.
• Ability to effectively lead and scale clinical laboratories in a dynamic environment while maintaining excellence in performance.