This individual is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic care including taking medical histories, performing examinations, ordering laboratory tests, and developing a treatment plan for patient care as directed by their supervising physician.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors College degree required.
- Five years experience in medical dermatology office working as a physician assistant.
- Graduate of accredited ARC-PA Physician Assistant training program.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certificate and current California Licensing.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Possesses wide-ranging knowledge of skin care treatment and pathology.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Good problem solving and analytical skills.
4. Ability to work as a team member.
5. Well-organized with attention to detail.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
8. Empathetic with patients needs and concerns.
9. Ability to work well with physicians, anticipating their needs in regard to patient treatment.
10. Able to perform laser treatments using the following Lasers: Thermage, Vbeam, SmoothBeam, Fraxel, Gentlemax, Ellipse IPL, PDT.
11. Able to perform injectables: Botox, Dysport, Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, etc.
12. Able to perform the following dermatologic procedures: shave biopsy, punch biopsy, exicision, intralesional kenalog injection, intramuscular kenalog injection, chemical peels.
13. Proficiency in using various computer programs for patient care.
14. Proficiency in ability to evaluate, treat, and educate patients with dermatological conditions including, but not limited to: acne, eczema/atopy, psoriasis, facial dermatoses, contact dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, other inflammatory dermatoses, cutaneous fungal infections, cutaneous viral infections, cutaneous malignances, nail disorders, hair related disorders, and systemic related cutaneous manifestations within his/her realm of knowledge. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to diagnose and treat cutaneous benign and malignant neoplasms.
1. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide direct follow up patient care, as a representative of the physician, while treating the patient in a style and manner developed and directed by the supervising physician.
- Evaluation and management services and procedures delivered by the physician assistant under the direction of the physician must be within the scope of each practitioners authorized practice as defined by state law.
- The physician assistant must deliver care in accordance with mutually agreed upon guidelines that are developed by the physician and physician assistant and based on the physicians delegatory style.
- The physician assistant will limit their involvement in the assessment and implementation of treatment as adjudged by the physician taking into consideration the complexity and acuity of the patients condition, and the training, experience, and preparation of the physician assistant.
- Perform the following procedures: shave biopsy, punch biopsy, exicision, intralesional kenalog injection, intramuscular kenalog injection, chemical peels, Botox, injectables, IPL, Fraxel Restore Dual, GentleMax, Vbeam, Photodynamic Therapy, Thermage.
2. Secondary Duties:
- Confirm with patients their clear understanding that a physician assistant is treating them.
- Physician assistant shall review with the supervising physician all delegated patient services on a regular basis, as well as mutually agreed upon guidelines for practice.
- Physician assistant shall clarify and familiarize all issues related to supervision methods and style of delegating patient care with the supervising physician.
- On-call coverage for practice as needed.