The Regional Clinic Medical Assistant, Patient Care Services, assists in providing patient care.
- Graduation from an approved school of Medical Assisting.
- Graduation from Dean's Patient Care Assistant program **You must have already completed this to qualify****
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and to move quickly between tasks.
- Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
- Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
- Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with instruments, taking blood pressures and performing other patient care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
- Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to 100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs or assisting with patient handling tasks.
- Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job tasks.
- Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with bloodborne pathogens or other chemicals.
Depending on Specialty and Dept Additional Essential Physical Functions May Include:
- Depending on location assigned, may need to be able to safely drive a person vehicle on a weekly or daily basis.
- Ability to wear a respirator/mask.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming standards.
- Assists medical providers and nurses in the examination and treatment of patients; assists with patient flow in department.
- Demonstrates and understand sterile and aseptic techniques. Uses appropriate techniques in setting up or assisting with procedure.
- Completes Laboratory and Medical Imaging requisitions, assists in the scheduling of procedures.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results.
- Transports patients to other departments and acts as courier for specimens, x-rays, and/or medical records.
- Administers medications by all routes excluding intravenous infusion. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques, recognizes and reports effects and side effects of medication, and instructs patient appropriately.
- Collects and records accurate telephone information and relays it to medical provider or nurse in a timely manner.
- Cleans, prepares, and autoclaves equipment and instruments in preparation for sterilizations per infection control policies and procedures.
- Provides patient education only under the direction of medical provider or nurse.
- Performs delegated MD/nursing acts commensurate with education, training, competency and experience.
- Depending upon location and/or department may be responsible for performing the following responsibilities:
- Basic computer scheduling, rescheduling, canceling and coordination of appointments.
- Auditing of charge tickets for 24 hour turnover and manages nursing work ques by providing procedure and diagnosis codes.
- Assists in emergency situations.
- Cross train and staff other departments as needed
- Participates in site process improvement teams
- Performs other duties as required
Family Practice Assoc - Dodgeville (530)
Dodgeville, WI, US.
$12.32-$13.38 /hr. US Dollar (USD)